Tuesday, December 28, 2010

First time for everything!

Wow, a blog?  What next?
This might actually be a good thing.  Being a SAHM (apparently, this is short for "stay at home mom") is a full time, 24 hour, 7 day a week gig.  A lot of my day is spent cleaning up spilled milk, doing (avoiding) laundry, planning or making meals, and yes, wiping bottoms.  It's not glamorous, I don't get a lot of pats on the back, but what I DO get are hugs and kisses, and a joy that comes from knowing that my girls will see that I'm here for them.  Forever.
For people like me who are social extroverts, this lifestyle can feel a little stifling at times.  We might only get a 15 minute adult conversation a day, and it's usually accompanied by a symphony of little voices in the background.  It's hard not to pounce on my husband when he walks in the door at night.  There's so much to tell him!  I do generally get a "HI, honey, how was your day?!" in, but it's closely followed by me verbally vomiting on him all the happenings of our day.  He's a patient man for putting up with me.
Anyway, I'm hoping that this little blog adventure will be a good outlet.  I get to ramble on, just as everyone expects me to, use my big girl words, and perhaps the most beautiful part of this is that anyone who reads my blog will be doing so on their own accord!
So if you're the type of person who enjoys verbal vomit, I think you'll like "My Words of Love."

2 comments:

  1. Verbal vomit is my favorite kind of...well, you know.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cati - this is great! Good luck and have fun blogging! I'm not quite brave enough to venture into blogland yet, but maybe you'll convince me with yours... :)

    ReplyDelete